Feb 15, 2011

TEDS HOTDOGS

Who doesn't love a good hot-dog?  Hot-dogs are the American way.  Served at ballparks, back yards and camping trips everywhere.  The problem lies in that there are very, very few places where you can get a decent hotdog.  Enter Teds Hotdogs in Tempe, AZ.


Now I am not sure why it is that Teds Hotdogs are so good.  Perhaps its the way they cook them on a grill and poke and prod them with a big pointy fork.  Maybe its the actual meat they use.  Could be that they serve them with a smile so the taste is an illusion.  Either way, it doesn't matter.  Teds hotdogs serves the best hotdog in the state as far as I am concerned.


So Saturday, after doing a bit of thrift storing, my wife and I decide to stop into teds for a dog or maybe a Polish dog.  The line is long.  I mean out the back door long.  We stood in line.  Who stands in line for 30 mins for a hotdog?  Anyone who wants the best.  Maybe thats the appeal of Teds.  They have a hotdog so good that your willing to stand in line for 30 mins to get one.  the only other place I will wait 30 mins for anything is my doctors office and thats only because he is the best doctor in town bar none.  (I have a Dr. appt later this month so look for a review on that also)


Kathy ordered an all beef dog with ketchup, turd, and relish, I had a foot long (which I could not finish) with chili, onion, tud, ketchup and a pickle.  We split a onion ring and cheese and a drink.  Man oh man, what a great lunch. 


Teds started in upstate NY a long time ago and, to this day, fly in their hotdogs from there.  Their onion rings are not the individual crispy sort but are lumped together in a wad that you have to pick each on out of the pile.  I love their onion rings.  .25 is the price of a refill.  Not bad considering.



So if your looking for a great lunch, albeit not a cheap lunch, go to Teds hotdogs in Tempe, Az and have your fill of the best hotsog in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use langauge you would want your children to listen to if your were a good parent.