Feb 8, 2011

Phoenix Coyotes

Ok I admit it, I am a hockey fan or should I say a PHX COYOTES fan.  How can you help but be anything other, with the fastest game on ice?  Last night the Coyotes played the Colorado Avalanche and what a game.  Well, anytime your home team wins its a good game. 

 Now, I cannot name every player on the team nor even know who the coach is but the important part is I watch and enjoy the games.  Heck, given a chance, I would love to go to a game.  This is saying alot because if I were given the best seat in the house for a Cardinals game, I would sell them for pennies on the dollar. Ilya Bryzgalov was awsome in the net.  26 saves is no small feat.  Stand in the net and have someone fired hard pucks at you 26 times and see what happens.  If your like me, after the first one your trying to get out of the way of the rest.  Thats two in a row for shutouts for him. 

The defense played no small part in the win either.  The team was fast moving, played hard and scored big when needed.  3 to 0 was the final score.5th place in their division is hardly something to cheer about unless, and I repeat, unless they stay on track and win a few more.  Once they make the playoffs, the real game begins anyway.  Everything leading up to that point is just practice. 

Radim Vrbata scored early for the Coyotes taking some of the offensive pressure off the team.  Scottie Upshall scored next and Radim Vrbata scored in the third period for the second time in the game.Great job Coyotes.  I am looking forward to the next game against the Dallas Stars.  We all know that nothing good comes from Dallas..... so show them how its done in Phoenix.  

 (After thought)- What would the perfect season be for Arizona sports?  The Coyotes win the Stanley Cup, The Suns hire a front office and a new coach AND ban Charles Barkley from announcing any games even for another company, the Cardinals move to another state as Arizona is better off without them.  ASU, UofA and NAU sports departments re-reoute 50% of their funds to departments that promote and teach education and Pro Cycling comes to Arizona.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have way too much time on your hands to be writing all these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yotes are doing quite well this year and I hope to see them in the playoffs a second straight year. Their coach is dave tippett, formerly of the dallas stars.

    ReplyDelete

Please use langauge you would want your children to listen to if your were a good parent.